As an Amazon Associate, SelectSafety earns commissions from qualifying purchases made through links in this post.
Stick welding is one of the most widely used welding methods for a wide range of uses. You can weld nearly any metals with a stick welder, even rusty and dirty metal. Stick welders can weld thick metal, such as heavy plate and pipe effectively.
Modern stick welders feater inverter technology and high-quality electrodes that heat the metal consistently and provide strong, long-lasting joints. Inverter technology provides a better quality current, consumes less energy and protects the equipment from voltage drops and shorts.
In this article we have rounded up the 5 best 110v stick welders after doing in-depth research and analysis of over 100 stick welders. Let’s dive into it.
Quick Picks: Our Top 5 Best 110V Stick Welders
NOTE: Given global supply chain challenges, the price and inventory of these stick welding machines may vary. We advise that you check out the Amazon links below and shop around to get the best deal.
|SUNGOLD POWER ARC MMA 200A Welder [110v / 220v]
|Check Amazon Price
|ZENY Arc Welding Machine [110v / 230v]
|Check Amazon Price
|Mophorn 160 Amp TIG and Stick Welder [110v / 220v]
|Check Amazon Price
|HZXVOGEN 110/220V Stick Welder
|Check Amazon Price
|YESWELDER ARC Welder
|Check Amazon Price
5 Best 110v Stick Welder Reviews
Choosing a 110 volt stick welder is not an easy task because the market is flooded with low-quality welders. We have reviewed 5 of the best 110v stick welders after doing substantial research on over 100 different welders.
SUNGOLD POWER ARC MMA 200A Welder
The SUNGOLD POWER ARC MMA 200A Welder is equipped with an IGBT inverter that ensures protection from over-voltage, overload issues, and improves welding performance. It has 110V and 220V dual voltage options that separately produce 20 to 200 amp rated power with an auto switch facility. Its 60% duty cycle ensures you can do long welding sessions consistently without worry of the machine overheating and shutting down in the middle of the job.
This stick welder is suitable for aluminum, carbon steel, cast iron, galvanized steel and other metals. It comes with 3.2mm (110V) and 4.0mm (220V) welding rod. The 78 inch long AC cable and 59 inch ground clamp cable give you extended reach without having to move the machine around. It has a hot start system that boosts the output power and improves arc ignition.
ISUNGOLD POWER ARC has anti-sticking technology that helps strike an arc easily and ensures protection from overload issues on startup. The cooling fan helps to reduce the heat from the welder. The control panel has an LCD monitor to inspect voltage levels and a knob for adjusting the output power level. The package comes with welding gloves, welding mask, welding rods, ground clamp, electrode holder and cables.
SUNGOLD POWER ARC MMA 200A Stick Welder Features:
- IGBT inverter technology that provides better welding performance with increased safety.
- LCD control panel indicates the voltage level and allows to control output power.
- Dual 110V and 220V dual voltage input
- Output from 20 to 200 amps power, adjusted with a knob
- It has a hot start system that boosts the arc on startup with anti-stick protection.
- thermostat control and a cooling fan that reduce heat quickly.
ZENY Arc Welding Machine
ZENY Arc Welding Machine has an IGBT DC inverter that helps maintain proper voltage level by stepping down the transformer. It has 110V and 230V dual voltage input and can supply between 20 and 160 amps of rated power. Its 60 percent rated duty cycle ensures the ability to weld continuously for long periods without pausing in the middle of your job. The ZENY Arc welder weighs about 18 pounds, and you can easily carry it with the built-in handle.
The ZENY Arc Welding Machine is a good cheap stick welder that can weld alloy metals, steel, carbon steels, cast iron and other metals with the range of 1mm to 15mm thickness. It has hot start technology that helps improve the welding performance by boosting power. While welding, it ensures protection from overload, over-voltage and over-current to increase safety. The high-speed cooling fan can dissipate heat effectively by providing high volume air over a large cooling surface.
This ZENY stick welder has copper outlets that ensure better connectivity and stable power supply. The digital display shows the current level, and the knob allows you to easily adjust the output power. The IGBT technology produces less splatter and smoother, stronger welds while welding on high voltage settings.
ZENY Arc Welding Machine Features:
- IGBT DC inverter that ensures proper voltage level while increasing safety
- The 110/115V and 220/230V dual voltage deliver 20 to 160 amps of rated power with a 60% duty cycle.
- It can weld alloy metals, carbon steel, iron, mild steel, and other metal up to 15mm thickness.
- 3 level protection: overload, over-voltage, over-current, and fan reduce overheating problems.
- It has copper outlets that provide stable power and ensure high efficient welding performance.
Mophorn 160 Amp TIG and Stick Welder
The Mophorn 160 Amp TIG and Stick Welder is a dual TIG welding and ARC welding machine that gives you extra flexibility to weld any metal of any thickness. It runs on either 110V or 220V input. Outputs are 20 to 160 amps while TIG welding and 20 to 140 amps while stick arc welding. The IGBT DC inverter provides stable voltage and consistent welds with over-voltage protection. This machine has an excellent 85% energy efficiency rating, meaning most of the power you give it is output directly to the weld puddle.
The Mophorn 160 Amp TIG and Stick Welder weighs about 20 pounds and is very easy to transport with the built-in handle. It comes with 3.2mm welding rods suitable up to 3/8 inch steel plate. In TIG mode it will join stainless steel, iron, titanium, chromoly and other metals effectively.
When using the 110v input stick welding machine you get excellent control and welding penetration on up to 1/4 inch thick steel.
The high-speed cooling fan helps protect the welder from the overheating. The digital control module indicates the current level in the display, and the knob allows us to adjust the power output level. Its 0-10s power decay time and 0-15s gas delay time ensure great protection from overload and overcurrent problems.
Mophorn 160 Amp TIG and Stick Welder Features:
- Dual TIG and stick arc welding machine
- Welds up to 3/8 inch thick steel, aluminum, titanium, etc.
- Digital control module allows you to inspect the voltage and adjust the power output easily with a knob
- 110V and 220V dual voltage input and 20 to 160 amps of power output
- IGBT DC inverter provides better welding performance, less spatter and more stable power delivery to the weld
- The cooling fan and delay starting method ensures protection from overload, overheat, and overcurrent
HZXVOGEN 110/220V Stick Welder
The HZXVOGEN 110/220V Stick Welder can deliver between 20 and 140 amps of consistent power supply to weld thick metals, stainless steel, cast iron, mild steel, and other metals. It is equipped with an IGBT inverter that helps keep the proper voltage level and ensures protection from overvoltage. It weighs only about 5 pounds and comes with an adjustable shoulder strap that allows you to carry anywhere.
This 110 volt welding machine can weld with 1.6 to 3.2 mm electrodes. The IGBT technology means it welds with less splatter and reduces electrode consumption, while improving the durability and consistency of your welds. Its 60% duty cycle lets you weld for long stretches without stopping. The cables and wires are made with high-quality pure copper that ensures current stability and high conductivity.
The HZXVOGEN 110/220V Welder features a forced cooling fan that reduces the machine’s internal heat substantially for extended welding sessions. The control panel has a digital monitor that shows the current level and electrode diameter. The control knob easily and accurately adjusts the output power level according to your needs. It has protection from overload, over current and short circuit problems. You can use it in your garage, shop or out on the farm — it is truly a versatile machine!
HZXVOGEN 110/220V Stick Welder Features:
- 110V and 220V dual power input delivers 20 to 140 amps of consistent power output
- Weighs merely 5 pounds and can be carried easily with the included shoulder strap
- It has a digital control panel that shows the current level; easily adjust output power with an accurate knob
- 60% duty cycle ensures you can do long welding sessions without pausing or having the welder shut down
- It has overload, over-voltage, and overheat protection that provides longevity of the welder.
YESWELDER ARC Welder
The YESWELDER ARC Welder is equipped with IGBT technology that provides smooth welding performance and protection from overvoltage. It works on 110V and 220V dual voltage inputs and delivers 20 to 125 amps of power. This enabless the YESWELDER to stick weld up to 1/2 inche thick steel, iron, and other metals. It also has a 10 ft electrode holder and ground clamp that makes welding more convenient without moving the machine around.
The affordable YESWELDER stick welder has a hot start technology that boosts power instantly, lighting your arc quickly and improving the weld consistency and quality. It has a high duty cycle, letting you weld for extended periods without overheating. The IGBT inverter automatically compensates for overload, over current and over-voltage.
The YESWELDER Arc Welder weighs only about 10 pounds. It can be easily carried with the built-in handle or a carrying strap. The digital display indicates the current levels, and a single knob allows you to adjust the output power level. It exhibits flawless performance with less spatter and strong, consistent welds.
YESWELDER Arc Welder Features:
- Dueal 110V and 220V dual input voltage delivers 20 to 125 amps of stable power
- Hot starting technology increases the welding strength by boosting the power level at the initial arc strike
- The IGBT inverter technology automatically compensates for surges and protects against overload, overheating, and overvoltage problems.
- The control panel has a smooth-feeling knob to adjust power output, and the digital display shows the current output level.
- Weight is about 10 pounds, so you can easily carry it with the handle or shoulder strap.
What To Consider Before Buying a 110v Stick Welder?
When choosing a 110v stick welder, it is essential to know the type of work you want to do with your machine. Before buying you should follow these criteria that will help you to make the right choice:
The selection of electrode must match your 110v stick welder and the metal type and thickness. There are various options for stick welders in terms of electrodes to be used. Some models have fixed points for 1.6 / 2mm and 2 / 2.5mm electrodes. Some have a 1.6 to 4.00 mm electrode points. Different sizes of electrodes require different voltage levels. The type of metal, the type of joint you want, and the position in which the weld is done all must be considered to select the right electrode.
Output power is an essential feature when choosing a stick welder. Dual 110V and 220V voltage welders can deliver 20 to 200 amps of output power. However, on 110 volts of input, you can only reliably get about 90 amps of output with a stick welder. This is enough for about 1/4 thick steel. Beyond that (100-200 amps) you need to weld with 220 volts of input fpr thick metals.
Welding is a risky task, so it is essential to check the quality of the electronic protection mechanisms. Make sure that your stick welder has overload, overvoltage and over current protection. Also, check the cooling fan quality and speed because it reduces the heat while welding metals and safeguards you. Also, to protect the welder from electrical surges, the machine should include an internal system that protects the electrical circuits.
Electrode and Ground Clamps
The electrode clamp is a fundamental tool in stick welding machines. These “pliers” are designed to hold the electrode rod securely while achieving thermal insulation. The ground clamp ensures a strong electrical connection between the welder and the part to be welded so you can strike and maintain a powerful arc. These pieces are usually made of high conductivity copper and thermal insulating material. The electrode holder should be comfortable and have a long enough cable to avoid having to move the welder around too much.
You should consider portability of any stick welding machine because your welder will likely be used outside often, or moved around the shop and in the back of a truck consistently. There is no reason to buy a 110V stick welder above 30 pounds today — small welders come with real punch these days. Most models have an ergonomic carrying handle, and some have a shoulder belt that allows you to carry the welder long distances.
By following these criteria, you are likely to make the right choice in buying a 110V stick welder that works great for you.
How Many Watts Does a Stick Welder Use?
The stick welders reviewed here run off a 110V or 220V outlet and deliver 20 to 200 amps of power. According to the formula: AxV=W, a 220V welder with 200 amps needs 44KW watts. A 110V welder running at 15 amps needs about 1650 watts from the wall outlet.
Why Should You Buy a 110v Stick Welder?
You should buy a 110v stick welder for its wide range of use and several advantages. These are:
- Modern 110v stick welders have IGBT inverter technology that ensures protection from overvoltage and improves welding performance. It also stables the voltage level by stepping down the transformer quickly.
- You cannot weld thick metals above 1/4 inches with a 110v MIG welder. Stick welders allows you to use 1.5 to 4mm electrodes to weld 1 to 15mm steel, iron, titanium, and other metals.
- Dual voltage 110v/220v input welders can handle a wide range of different jobs, including stainless steel, aluminum, mild steel, carbon steel, etc.
- 110v stick welders are simple to use and are suitable for both small and DIY projects.
- The biggest advantage offered by a 110v stick welder lies in its compact size and low weight. The are easily transportable and storage is a snap. You don’t need a big cart with bottles and extra hoses. Just grab your welder, plug it in and start welding.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here, we have answer some frequently asked questions about 110V stick welders that will help clear up any confusion.
Can you stick weld aluminum to steel?
You can stick weld aluminum to steel. Before welding, coat the steel deeply with brazing material using alloy filler.
Can you stick weld with a MIG welder?
No. A stick welder and MIG welder are two different types of machines. They use opposite polarity (AC vs DC). A MIG welder cannot hold an electrode stick. A stick welder cannot feed metal welding wire like a MIG welder.
Can you use a stick welder to weld aluminum?
Yes, you can use a stick welder to weld aluminum, although it’s not the optimal process due to rapid oxidization of the weld pool. This results in brittle and inconsistent welds that don’t hold well. For this reason, it’s best to use TIG welding with the right shielding gase for aluminum.
Can you stick weld stainless steel?
Yes, you can weld stainless steel with stick welder. You need the right electrode designed for stainless steel, and sufficient output power to keep the weld puddle liquid and moving so it doesn’t get contaminated or brittle.
Can you stick weld cast iron?
You can stick weld cast iron, but it isn’t easy to do. Stick welding cast iron requires high heat and costs more in welding rods than other metals. It’s essential to pre-heat iron with a torch before welding, and to cool it slowly. Otherwise it will crack.
Stick welders are one of the popular welding machines on the market and differ from gasless MIG (flux core), gas MIG and TIG in power supply, electrode delivery and technology. Here, we have highlighted the 5 best 110v stick welders that will meet your needs. In the meantime.