When it comes to impact gloves, there are a lot of different styles to choose from. Whether you’re looking for something that’s simple and effective or something that’s more flashy and stylish, there’s definitely an option out there for you. In this blog post, we’ll be taking a look at some of the different styles of impact gloves and comparing them to each other.
The benefits of impact gloves
Impact gloves are designed to protect your hands from injuries while you are working. They are made of sturdy materials that can resist punctures, cuts, and abrasions. They also have padding in the palms to absorb the shock of impact. There are many different styles of impact gloves available on the market.
Some are made for specific tasks, such as driving nails or operating power tools. Others are more general purpose and can be used for a variety of tasks. Impact gloves can be made from a variety of materials, including leather, Kevlar, and synthetic fabrics.
Different styles of impact gloves
There are three primary types of impact gloves available on the market today. These styles vary in design, materials, and applications. The three styles are as follows:
- Padded impact gloves: Padded impact gloves have extra layers of protection over the back of the hand and fingers. These gloves are typically made from leather or synthetic materials, and they often have a Velcro strap to provide a snug fit. Padded impact gloves are ideal for high-impact activities such as powerlifting, boxing, or Muay Thai.
- Fingerless impact gloves: Fingerless impact gloves provide protection for the back of the hand, but they allow for greater dexterity in the fingers. These gloves are typically made from leather or synthetic materials, and they often have a Velcro strap to provide a snug fit. Fingerless impact gloves are ideal for activities such as weight lifting, cross training, or light general purpose work.
- Wrist wrap impact gloves: Wrist wrap impact gloves have a band that wraps around the wrist to provide support and stability. These gloves are typically made from leather or synthetic materials, and they often have a Velcro strap to provide a snug fit. Wrist wrap impact gloves are ideal for activities such as powerlifting, cross training, or light general purpose work.
How to choose the right impact gloves
When it comes to choosing the right impact gloves, there are a few things you need to take into consideration: the level of protection you need, the material of the glove, and the size of the glove you need.
The most important thing is the level of protection that you need. Do you need gloves that will protect you from light impact or heavy impact?
- Light impact gloves are designed for tasks such as light assembly work, handling small parts, or working with power tools. They usually have a thin layer of padding on the back of the hand and fingers.
- Heavy impact gloves are designed for tasks such as demolition work, using power tools, or working with heavy machinery. They usually have a thicker layer of padding on the back of the hand and fingers.
Another thing to consider is the material of the gloves. Gloves can be made from leather, cloth, or synthetics.
- Leather gloves are usually more durable and offer more protection than cloth or synthetic gloves. However, they can be more expensive and may not be as comfortable to wear in hot weather.
- Cloth and synthetic gloves are usually cheaper and may be more comfortable to wear in hot weather, but they may not offer as much protection as leather gloves.
Finally, you need to decide what size gloves you need. Impact gloves come in a variety of sizes so it’s important to choose a pair that fits well. If the gloves are too big, they may fall off during use and if they’re too small, they may be uncomfortable to wear.
Once you’ve considered all of these factors, you’ll be able to choose a pair of gloves that will suit your needs perfectly.
The different features of impact gloves
Impact gloves are an important part of many workers’ personal protective equipment (PPE) arsenal. They are designed to protect the hands from the dangerous effects of impact, such as flying debris, falling objects, and repetitive strain injuries. There are a wide variety of impact gloves on the market, each with its own unique features.
Here is a summary of some of the most popular types of impact gloves:
- Foam-padded impact gloves: These gloves feature foam padding on the back of the hand and fingers. This padding helps to absorb the impact of blows and reduce stress on the hands.
- Gel-padded impact gloves: Gel-padded impact gloves offer similar protection to foam-padded gloves, but with the added benefit of gel pads in strategic locations. These pads help to dissipate Jaramallo energy and protect against bruising and blood blisters.
- Knuckle pads: Many impact gloves feature knuckle pads, which are designed to protect the delicate bones in the back of the hand. Knuckle pads are usually made from a hard material, such as plastic or metal.
- Finger guards: Finger guards are designed to protect your fingers from being crushed or cut by falling objects. They are usually made from a tough material, such as Kevlar or leather.
- Wrist straps: Wrist straps help to keep your gloves snugly in place and prevent them from sliding off during use. They may also be lined with air pockets or other types of padding to absorb shocks.
When choosing impact gloves, it is important to select a pair that fits well and is comfortable to wear. You should also consider the type of work you will be doing and choose a pair that is appropriate for the task.
The different materials used in impact gloves
There are a few different types of impact gloves on the market, each with its own benefits. The most popular types are made from synthetic materials, such as Kevlar or Spectra. These materials are light and comfortable, and they offer a high level of protection. Leather gloves are also available, but they tend to be heavier and more expensive.
The different sizes of impact gloves
There are generally three different sizes of impact gloves: small, medium, and large. Each size has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it is important to choose the size that is right for you. Small impact gloves are less likely to cause fatigue because they put less pressure on your hands.
They are also more dexterity, which can be helpful when you are doing delicate tasks. However, small gloves may not provide as much protection as larger ones. Medium impact gloves provide a good balance of protection and dexterity. They are a good choice for most people.
Large impact gloves offer the most protection but can be bulkier and less dexterous. They are a good choice for people who need extra protection or who will be doing tasks that require a lot of force.
Most manufacturers offer impact glove sizes that range from small up to 2XL.
The different colors of impact gloves
The three colors of impact gloves are red, yellow, and green. Red gloves are the softest and provide the least amount of protection. They are often used for tasks that require a lot of dexterity, such as working with small parts.
Yellow gloves are a bit tougher and provide more protection than red gloves. They are often used for tasks that require more grip, such as working with tools. Green gloves are the toughest and provide the most protection. They are often used for tasks that require heavy lifting or strenuous activity.
The best impact gloves for you
Depending on the level of impact resistance you need, there are several different styles of gloves to choose from. If you need the highest level of protection, choose a glove with a Kevlar® or Dyneema® liner. For less demanding applications, an all-leather glove or one with a cotton shell can provide the necessary protection.
If you need gloves that offer both impact and abrasion resistance, choose a style with a reinforced palm. For applications that require dexterity and precision, choose gloves with a snug fit and flexible materials.
Impact gloves serve a special purpose in industrial work environments where there are significant dangers to the hands of workers. If you work in an industry that poses a risk, consider purchasing and wearing a good-quality pair of impact gloves to keep your hands protected.