This is the ultimate guide for anyone looking for the best mobile fall arresters on the market. We’ve scoured the internet and compiled a list of the 10 best brands, so you can make an informed decision when choosing a mobile fall arrester for your needs.
What is a mobile fall arrester?
A mobile fall arrester (MFA) is a device used to arrest the fall of a person who may fall from a height. It is also known as a mobile fall protection system (MFPS). The main component of an MFA is a lanyard, which is attached to the user’s harness. The other end of the lanyard is attached to an anchor point, such as a strap or cable, which is fixed to a suitable support.
An MFA can be used for various activities, such as working at height, climbing, abseiling, and caving. It is important that the MFA is appropriate for the activity and the environment in which it will be used. There are different types of MFAs available, depending on the specific needs of the user. For example, there are MFAs designed for use in confined spaces or those with special features for use in difficult-to-reach areas.
When choosing an MFA, it is important to consider factors such as the maximum working height, the weight of the user, and the type of activity that will be undertaken.
The top 10 mobile fall arrester brands
There are many different brands of mobile fall arresters on the market today. Choosing the right one for your needs can be a difficult task. To help you make the best decision, we have compiled a list of the top 20 mobile fall arrester brands:
3. Guardian Fall Protection
6. Sterling Rope
7. Delta Plus
8. El Hitchcocko
The top 10 mobile fall arresters on the market today
With all of these factors in mind, here are 10 of the best mobile fall arresters currently on the market:
1. P950QC/UGN Miller by Honeywell
2. Guardian Fall Protection Safe-Tec Full Body Harness
3. Klein Tools 5603HD Heavy Duty Full Body Harness
4. Capital Safety ExoFit XP Arc Flash Kit
5. PROTECTA First Full Body Harness with Work Positioning Loops
6. MSA safety 4780730 2000023055 DB150AGNFYLP Placement Harness
7. SALA Delta II Full Body Harness with Work Positioning Loops
8. 3M DBI-SALA Nano-Lok Edge Early Warning Reader 1044602
9. Protecta AB17568RT3 Ab17568Rt3 Xit Blk/Red 1Hr Resc You W/Bag 65″
10. FallTech 7302 Contractor 2 D-Ring Comfort Fit Harness
How to choose the right mobile fall arrester
When it comes to choosing the right mobile fall arrester for your needs, there are a few key factors you need to take into account.
The first is the height at which you will be working – this will help to determine the amount of fall arrest that you need. The second is the weight and type of worker that will be using the mobile fall arrester. Different models have different load capacities, so it’s important to choose one that is suitable for your workers. Finally, you also need to consider the terrain on which the mobile fall arrester will be used – some models are better suited to certain types of terrain than others.
The benefits of using a mobile fall arrester
A mobile fall arrester is a critical piece of safety equipment for anyone working at height. They are designed to arrest a fall within a certain distance and can be used with either a body harness or a work positioning belt. There are many benefits of using a mobile fall arrester, including:
- Reduced risk of injury: By arresting a fall within a certain distance, mobile fall arresters can greatly reduce the risk of serious injury or death.
- Greater freedom of movement: Mobile fall arresters allow you to move freely while still being protected from a falling hazard. This can be particularly useful when working in difficult or tight spaces.
- Increased productivity: Being able to move freely while working at height can increase your productivity, as you will not have to stop and reposition your safety equipment as often.
If you work at height, it is important that you use the appropriate safety equipment for the job. A mobile fall arrester could be the difference between life and death in the event of a fall.
How to use a mobile fall arrester
In the event of a fall, a mobile fall arrester will spread the force of the fall evenly over the entire body, preventing injury. However, they must be used correctly so as to work properly. Here is how to wear them:
1. First find a sturdy anchor point. This could be a tree, a building, or any other stationary object that can support your weight.
2. Once you have found your anchor point, clip one end of the fall arrester onto your harness.
3. Extend the fall arrester to its full length and clip the other end onto the anchor point.
4. Make sure that the fall arrester is secure before moving any further; if it is not, it could come loose and cause you to fall.
5. Once you are certain that the fall arrestor is secure, you can begin to move around freely, knowing that in the event of a fall, you will be protected.
As you can see, there are many fall arrest system brands and models to choose from. Pick the one that fits your needs, and work preferences, and be sure to use it properly. If you are still unsure how to proceed, consult with a safety professional.