There are many safety impact glasses manufacturers out there, but how do you know which one is right for you? We’ve compiled a list of the top 15 manufacturers, so you can make an informed decision.
Top 15 safety impact glasses manufacturers
There are a variety of safety impact glasses manufacturers that provide products for different purposes and industries. Figuring out which is the best fit for your needs can be tricky, that’s why we’ve compiled a list of the top 15 safety impact glasses manufacturers below:
- Kimberly Clark
- Lincoln Electric
- Miller Electric
- Megasafe Products
- Sun-sight Glasses Co.
History of safety impact glasses
The history of safety impact glasses can be traced back to the early 20th century when they were first developed for use by workers in factories and other industrial settings. These early glasses were made of heavy-duty glass or plastic and were designed to protect the eyes from flying debris, dust, and other harmful materials.
In the years since safety impact glasses have undergone a number of changes and refinements. Today, they are available in a wide range of styles, including both clear and tinted lenses. Some models also feature special coatings that help reduce glare and protect against UV rays.
How do safety impact glasses work?
Most safety impact glasses are made with laminated lenses that are designed to remain intact and protect your eyes in the event of an impact. The inner layer of the lens is made of a material that is designed to resist shattering, while the outer layer(s) help to absorb the force of the impact.
Types of safety impact glasses
There are four main types of safety glasses safe for impact:
- Ballistic-rated glasses are tested to the ANSI Z87.1 standard and offer complete protection from small flying particles and large impacts. These are the safest type of protective eyewear, but they can be bulky and obstructive.
- Safety goggles provide a similar level of protection as ballistic-rated glasses, but they have a tightly sealed design that helps to keep out dust and other small particles.
- Face shields provide full coverage of the face and help to protect against large impacts. They are often used in combination with other types of safety eyewear, such as goggles or ballistic-rated glasses.
- Safety glasses are the most common type of impact-resistant eyewear, and they offer good protection against small flying particles and moderate impacts.
Benefits of safety impact glasses
There are many benefits associated with safety impact glasses. For one, they can help to protect your eyes from flying debris or other objects that could potentially cause serious injury. Additionally, they can also help to reduce the amount of glare that you experience, making it easier to see in low-light conditions. Finally, safety impact glasses can also help to reduce the amount of eye fatigue that you experience, making it easier to stay focused on your work.
Drawbacks of safety impact glasses
While safety impact glasses are designed to protect your eyes from harm, there are some drawbacks to wearing them. For one, they can be uncomfortable to wear for long periods of time. Additionally, they can limit your field of vision, which can be dangerous in certain situations. Finally, they can be expensive to purchase.
How to choose the right safety impact glasses?
There are many factors to consider when choosing safety impact glasses. The most important factor is the level of protection that the glasses offer. The three main levels of protection are low, medium, and high.
- Low-impact glasses are designed for casual use and will protect your eyes from objects traveling at slow speeds.
- Medium-impact glasses are designed for more active users and will protect your eyes from objects traveling at medium speeds.
- High-impact glasses are designed for industrial or sporting use and will protect your eyes from objects traveling at high speeds. Another important factor to consider is the style of the glasses. Some styles of safety impact glasses wrap around your head, while others sit on top of your head.
- Wraparound styles offer more protection but can be more uncomfortable to wear. Top-mounted styles are more comfortable but do not offer as much protection. Finally, you should consider the cost of the safety impact glasses. Low-end glasses typically cost less than $20, while high-end glasses can cost over $100.
In the modern world, we are constantly exposed to potential risks and dangers. Whether we are working in a factory or driving on the roads, it is important to always be aware of the potential hazards that we might face.
One of the best ways to protect ourselves from these dangers is to wear safety impact glasses. These glasses are designed to protect our eyes from flying debris, dust, and other harmful substances. And, while there are many different manufacturers of safety impact glasses, not all of them are created equal.
NEXT UP: What Jobs Require Impact Glasses?